Monday, December 14, 2015

My Really Bad Botox Phase

I am going through something right now. I wish we were all sitting in a room together and I was playing the song Confessions by Usher in the background while I told you this story. (Side note- I have considered downloading this song and playing it every time someone starts to confess about anything. I think it would be such a fun way to just air out some stuff)
I realize that as I grow in my walk with Jesus I can't just say all the things that pop into my brain. To be more specific I can't respond with sarcasm, rude comments, or just flat out eye rolls when someone says something....well... stupid. And y'all, do you know how often this happens??

"Are you having twins?"
"Why do you not speak Spanish if your last name is Perez?"
"When you want something sweet you should eat a piece of fruit instead of candy."
Or anytime anyone even mentions the term Obamacare. Ever.

The list could go on forever. But that's not the point. The point is, that I have to grow up and I can't just retaliate with some rude comment when things like this come up. And I have such sweet friends that have matured in Jesus and handle these things with such grace. They smile or somehow maneuver the conversation to a healthy and less ridiculous place. And I want to be just like them when it comes to this.

But that's not what is happening. As I slowly start to close my mouth and stop myself from spewing out verbal diarrhea, what has happened is what I am calling my really bad botox phase. (And let's face it, good botox rarely makes headlines.) The only way to explain this to you is by showing you. So when someone makes one of the above comments or the other 4 million I don't like, this is what happens:


I know. Could I look any hotter? It's like- did she just burn herself or possibly have an accident in her pants? And it ages me like 15 years. And makes me look like I have 6 chins. But I can't stop it. My face automatically goes to this place and is frozen there. It is absolutely terrible. And eventually (like after an awkward 5 minutes)  I just start talking about something totally different- like the weather. 

I assume this frozen face will last less time as I grow more. Eventually not happening at all and stepping into such a beautiful graceful place like so many women who I admire and respect. But for now, this is all I got. 

So now you know. I am not perfect. If I make this face, slap me and tell me to grow up and that my opinion is not the only one. And pray for me that one day I will just have the good botox that makes me look 21 and always slightly giddy, in a non creepy kind of way. 



No comments:

Post a Comment